Thursday, March 3, 2011

Written Pathetic Appeal

My written pathetic appeal addresses the growing focus on athletic programs at American universities.  I argue that this increased focus is financially detrimental to most universities and fails to aid in the academic mission of universities in others.  In order to convey my message, I cite the works of others and use indignant language to express my incredulity over what I perceive to be a ridiculous and infuriating situation.  I also try to employ enargeia with a hypothetical scenario.  I hope my readers feel anger and shame after reading my appeal, which will move them to push for a reform of the current athletic model, or at the very least rethink their stance on university athletics.  It's my wish that readers will interpret their anger and shame as results of the deplorable behavior of many athletic departments, moving them to protest against the system and call for change.

Appeal

No comments:

Post a Comment